Sunday 9 April 2017

The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles

22296822For the perfect love, what would you be willing to lose?

It’s been a shattering year for seventeen-year-old Zoe, who’s still reeling from her father's shockingly sudden death in a caving accident and her neighbors’ mysterious disappearance from their own home. Then on a terrifying sub-zero, blizzardy night in Montana, she and her brother are brutally attacked in a cabin in the woods—only to be rescued by a mysterious bounty hunter they call X.

X is no ordinary bounty hunter. He is from a hell called the Lowlands, sent to claim the soul of Zoe’s evil attacker and others like him. X is forbidden from revealing himself to anyone other than his prey, but he casts aside the Lowlands’ rules for Zoe. As they learn more about their colliding worlds, they begin to question the past, their fate, and their future.
 (Goodreads)


I DNF'd this one. 

I HATE DNFing books but I couldn't finish this one. I tried three separate times to start The Edge of Everything and every time I just didn't want to carry on. 

I was intrigued by how this book sounded, which is why I tried so hard to get into it, but in the end it didn't work for me. I wasn't a fan of how it was written; the speech especially didn't work for me. I think Jeff completely missed the mark when trying to get into the head of a teenage girl. Zoe didn't feel realistic to me. 

I didn't like the main character, Zoe. I didn't connect with her or feel like she was particularly well written. All of the characters didn't seem to be very well fleshed out; they felt like cardboard cutouts 

There seemed to be a bit of insta-love which is...not good. 

I'd give it about 2 stars for the part I read.

Thank you Bloomsbury for sending my a copy of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment